CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 7, 2011

Exploring Cricut Challenge #3

Hello everyone! 

I knew right away what I wanted to make when I found out what theme this week's challenge was. I wanted to use the squirrel from the Create a Critter cartridge. He (or she) is so cute! I don't usually make shaped cards, but I thought I would try something new and challenge myself. So here is my card!


Oh, so cute! Don't you love the googley eyes!!! Perfect for this little guy.
The card measures almost 5 inches tall. The squirrel is cut at 3.5. The leaves are cut at about 3.5 inches as well. I designed it in CCR and cut using the Gypsy so I don't know the exact dimensions. (I didn't write them down).


Here is my shaped card and top layer and leaves. I welded the two acorns together to get the card and then cut another acorn out just a bit smaller to layer on top. I inked around the edges of the card and acorn with chocolate ink from Studio g. The top of the acorn is cut in dark chocolate and embossed with Tiny Bubbles cuttlebug folder. I forgot the name of the folder used to emboss the leaves. 

This is the sentiment on the cart. I liked it, so I decided to use it. It cut really well. It is cut at 2.5. 

This is the sentiment inside of the card. I think it turned out really nice.

All paper is from Paper Studio scrap pack.

Please take a look at all of the other Design Team projects. Everyone has done a great job!



Have a great week and happy crafting!

5 comments:

  1. I really like this acorn shaped card it is so fall. Great colors
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so stinkin cute and the little critter is adorable. I love how you used the acorn shape as your card. Thanks for being on our DT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What and adorable shape card! Love your embossing on there. I love doing that too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT! The textures are awesome! Cutie Patootie!

    Crafty hugs,
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! What a cute card. Good job.
    Love ya Mom

    ReplyDelete