CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Exploring Cricut Challenge #2

It's that time again! The challenge this week over at Exploring Cricut is to use the Celebrations cartridge using the shapes on page 111. Well, I don't have that cartridge, but I'm playing along anyway. I found a very similar cut on the Yummy cart and tweaked it in CCR to fit how I wanted it.

I  have seen plenty of people doing altered notebooks, but never did one myself. Well, I did one and now I am hooked!!



I first started out with what papers I was going to use. The patterned paper is DCWV Sweet stack. The solid is just from my scrap stash.

I used a mini composition book to alter. They are so cute! They are 3 for a $1 at Dollar Tree. Very good price to mass produce these and give them as gifts. The measurements for the front and back covers is 4.5x3 and the spine measurement is 2x4.5

This is the candy shape that I used. I added some ribbon from Michaels. I ended up not using the lollipop cut. But if your interested it is from the Paisley cart. I forgot which page.

 The notebook with the covers and spine attached.

 There is some trimming that needs to be done and I just used my scissors to cut the edges.

 Ribbon attached where the two papers meet each other to give it a clean and cute look.

 The finished notebook!

 Close up of ribbon bow.

 I used an RSVP pen (my favorite!) to decorate and give with the notebook.

The insert for the pen is 1x3.25 I used the same paper as I used for the candy cut. 

I hope you like this project. They are very fast and easy to make. Please go to the other DT blogs and check out their projects. 

Diane- Happy Scrapper Diane
Leah- My Craft and Chat Cafe
Sharon- MeeMees Creations
Lezlye- Lezlyes
Sara- Sara K Scraps
Lori- Scrappin Saints
Emily- Emily Queen of All Things Crafty
Diana- Crafty Peep D
Kim- Little Reds Hood

Have a great week and happy crafting!

******If you would like this notebook and pen, please leave me a comment. Don't forget to leave a way to contact you! I will pick a winner on Saturday using random.org******

5 comments:

  1. Leslie, I love your altered book and what a great idea! I might make one like this to keep those grandchildrens gift list in! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SWEET altered book and pen. Great challenge project!

    Crafty hugs,
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! This is fantastic!! Love it. I have wanted to alter a notebook myself but never have. You have inspired me. Now I need to make a trip to the Dollar Tree! I love the papers you used and the piece of candy is great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so delighteful! I love the covered notebook and pen idea! I may have to "lift" this for some fun Christmas gifts! Blessings...

    ReplyDelete