CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 10, 2011

Exploring Cricut Challenge #1

Hello everyone. First, I want to thank everyone for taking your time to view my blog. This is my first post as a design team member for Exploring Cricut.  I want to thank Diane over at  Happy Scrapper Diane  for giving me this opportunity to share my works. When you're finished here please take some time to check out all of the other team members blogs.

Now on to the project. I used the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge for my cuts. I'm using my absolute favorite color PURPLE!! ( any shade :) )

 The card is a standard size A2 card. 4 1/4x 5 1/2. I used a cream card stock from the Paper Company.
First layer is a piece of lavender card stock from Bazzill cut @ 4 x 5 1/4.
Ribbon is from Michaels.
The top note is cut @ 3 in. Layered with two more cuts cut at 2 1/2in. and 3 in. from AP cart on page 63.


I decided to make my own Prima flowers for this card. I used an index card to cut the flowers. I then embossed the two flowers with embossing powder from Recollections in purple and lavender. I brought all the flower layers together with some adhesive and used a pearl from Recollections to complete the look.



The four corners of the card is decorated with another cut from page 63 cut at 1 1/2 in. into 4 pieces.

I hope you all enjoy the card. Have a great week and happy crafting!

6 comments:

  1. Leslie I love how you took those flowers and turn them into corners, so fabulous! Thanks for being a part of our DT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie! This card is so pretty. The corners are a perfect idea! I LOVE it! :) Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Love how you took the cut for the corners and made it work for what you wanted-- so creative! TFS

    Crafty hugs,
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off great name, even if it's not spelled as funky as mine! Love the purple and all the layers to your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! Love those custom flowers! So glad to be on the new team with you! Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous !!! keep up the good work .
    Love Ya
    Mom

    ReplyDelete